Before the event:
About our setup
- Send us your bios, photos, summaries etc for social media
- Fabulosa will promote on Instagram, in our newsletter, on our website, and on Meetup and Eventbrite. We request that you share the Eventbrite link with your friends, and tag us on social media. We are a bookstore with a robust event series! Alas, we are not a promotional engine. We do our best, but turnout ultimately comes down to an author's and publicist's network and promotional skills.
- Send us your contact info
- If you are planning to have a panel of people and bring friends who will read, that’s fantastic. We love and encourage this. In the case of multiple readers, we will need bios -and photos for all who are reading before we settle on a date.
- We sometimes need support getting ahold of a book and will be in touch if there are any issues.
- Please show up at least 15 minutes before it starts
- Becka will introduce the store and give a brief land acknowledgement. We expect you to introduce yourself and your fellow authors.
About our setup
- We can seat 25 people, with a maximum capacity in the store of 49, including staff and presenters.
- We have a PA system and ask that you use it - sound does not travel well in the store
- We’ll put out wine, sparkling water, and nibbles
- We don’t generally require people to wear masks, however, you can request this ahead of time
- Our events start at 7:00, and generally people run a little late, so they *really* start at around 7:10
- We need to close by 9:00, unless it’s a party and Becka says you can run late.
- Becka will introduce you and the store to the crowd
- We are always okay with panels and interviewers! We are not able to corral folks for this, however.